DNS Practical Skills Course: Oct 14th, 2023 - Longmont, CO
This one-day course is limited to 8 participants to ensure abundant hands-on feedback and ample opportunity to expand the understanding of DNS concepts and enhance the ability to successfully implement them in practice.
Break through your specific barriers to successful implementation of DNS in your practice. Accelerate your understanding of DNS and develop your ability to achieve desired outcomes with your clients and patients. Our practical skill course focuses on building your DNS practice through a better understanding of selecting the optimal developmental position, making appropriate modifications and options for progressions and regressions when an ideal pattern is not achieved.
Our skills course starts with a brief morning lecture but primarily consists of demonstrations and hands-on practical application/skills lab. With a maximum of eight participants and based on your completed pre-course questionnaire this course is geared to provide the nuanced instruction and hands on experience required to address the specific areas where you need improvement and those you want to take a deeper dive into understanding.
At least one prior DNS course
Student to Instructor Ratio
Our course maintains a maximum student:instructor ratio of 8:1 to ensure quality learning.
- 8:30 – 9:00: Registration
- 9:00 – 9:45: Lecture - Review Basis and Key DNS Principles
- 9:45 – 10:30: Lecture - Review Sagittal Stabilization: Diaphragm functions, rib/pelvis alignment, respiration & intra-abdominal pressure; key points
- 10:30 – 10:45: Break
- 10:45 – 12:30: Demonstration/Workshop - Training sagittal stabilization in 3-flexion, 6 mos prone, 10 mos sit: review, cueing, modifications, regressions & progressions
- 11:30 – 12:30: Lecture - Stabilizing System of the Spine: Understanding the respiratory and postural function of the diaphragm, abdominals, and pelvic floor
- 12:30 – 1:30: Lunch
- 1:30 – 2:30: Demonstration/Workshop - Quadruped & low kneel (differentiated and undifferentiated): review, cueing, modifications, regressions & progressions
- 2:30 – 3:30: Demonstration/Workshop -Oblique sit, half kneel, tripod: introduce/review, cueing, modifications, regressions & progressions
- 3:30 – 3:45: Break
- 3:45 – 4:45: Demonstration/Workshop Q&A Session
- 4:45 – 5:00: Wrap up
Course registration fee is $295. Note: An additional Prague School fee of $40 euro applies. Please follow this link to pay fee at least 3 weeks prior to the course. https://wwwrehabps.cz/rehab/course.php?c_id=2894
About the Instructor: Erin McGuire PT, OCS
Erin McGuire has been practicing physical therapy for over 25 years and is one of the first internationally certified DNS practitioners. Her passion for movement and practice of DNS has led to her focus on the diaphragm and its functions, relating to both respiration and intra-abdominal pressure, and their critical role in creating optimal stabilization and movement.
We offer full refunds for cancellations received no later than 21 days prior to the course date, less a $75 administrative fee. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund cancellations made within 21 days of the course date. In the event of a course cancellation by Back in Balance Physical Therapy and Erin McGuire due to unforeseen circumstances or low course participant numbers, full refunds will be provided to participants.
For more information about DNS Exercise courses and DNS in general, visit here.
- Low stock - 2 items left
- Inventory on the way